Pillows take a lot of strain over time and, no matter how you love one, they need to be replaced every few years. According to Mail Online, we should consider replacing them after every six months, and, at most, every twelve months.
Is your’s due for an update? If you are reading this, then the chances are that it is. But you can decide to sleep without one. You would save yourself from the acne and allergies triggered by pillows, experts claim.
Now getting to our Casper review, you would think it would be pretty simple to find a replacement, but it really isn’t.
That’s why I decided to write this Casper Pillow review – I took one of the most popular options on the market – the Casper Pillow – and put it through its paces. Interested in seeing how it measured up? Read to find out if the Casper might be the right option to rest your head on at night.
The construction is relatively simple but clever at the same time. You have a smaller cushion insert that is filled with low-friction fibers that are thin and short – these help to create extra padding for a slightly higher loft, perfect for side sleepers.
They also have a lot more spring to them then the longer fibers.
If you like, you can remove this cushion easily and just rely on the outer layers of fibers. These are completely enclosed in the lining so put that picture you had of fibers flying all over the room right out of your mind.
The outer layer of fibers are also low-friction and thin, but these are a lot longer. These are designed to give your head a comfortable spot to rest on.
Overall, Casper says that they use a billion fibers during construction – that is about a billion reasons to look into this choice right there.
The fibers are synthetic and made of polyester. The company determined that this was the only to create the perfect feel that they were looking for. The fibers retain their shape longer and do not clump as easily as others, meaning you don’t have to deal with lumps and bumps.
Use the inner and outer layers together, or just use the outer one or inner one – you can adjust this pillow so that you get the perfect level of support.
This has a unique feel in that your head does sink down into it and you can feel the softness straight away. It is a lot like down in that respect until you get to the inner core.
Down has a tendency to stay compressed, with the inner core of this pillow, you don’t have to worry about that at all. The inner core is firmer and so helps to support your head well. The overall effect is that you are comfortable no matter what position you sleep in.
You never feel as if you are being swallowed up by the cushion, but you do still have that nice bit of softness that you would get from down.
This is a high-quality product with a cover that is 100% percale-woven cotton. The two-inch gusset helps it to maintain its loft when the inner is in place. The fabric feels luxurious, and the tight weave helps to keep the fibers on the inside, where we want them to be.
There is also a lining made out of polyester to ensure that all the fibers stay in place.
The other advantage of having the polyester inside is that you can run everything through your washer and dryer as you normally would. I recommend removing the inner first so that you can dry them separately to reduce the amount of time it takes them to dry.
The zipper on the outside is high-quality and is not going to fail very fast.
Looks-wise, this is not the best-looking option. The outside looks a little bland – there is nothing to add any interest at all. The lining on the inside is a lot jauntier with its stripes.
With the insert in place, this is the perfect option for a side sleeper. If you sleep on your back, it will also be a good option for you, but you might want to take the inner out or just sleep on the inner.
If you are a stomach sleeper, the inner will offer too much support and create problems with your neck. You could take it out and just use the outer layers, and you may find that this solves any issues you might be concerned about.
Where this does come in handy is when it comes to combination sleepers. If you like to sleep in different positions throughout the night, this pillow could be right for you because it adjusts easily when you move position.
- Washing and drying are easily done.
- You can choose between a Standard or a King when it comes to sizes.
- Off-gassing is minimal.
- The covers are brought in from China, but the filling is made in the States. The final finishing touches are also done in the States.
The Casper Pillow is Good if:
If you like a good, solid alternative to your standard foam or down options, this is a good bet. The design makes it easy to adjust for your own comfort, and it works well for side and back sleepers.
If you are a stomach sleeper, you are probably not going to use the whole thing, and so you might be better off looking for a different option.
There are those that found it a little noisy when you move about on it, so it is not the best idea if you are highly sensitive to noise.
I Would Recommend this Pillow if:
- You sleep on your back or your side.
- It is time to refinish the guest bedroom. The versatility of this allows guests to adjust it as they like and get the perfect level of comfort.
- You are looking for something similar to what you might find in a boutique hotel, or you want to pamper yourself.
- Both comfort and support are important to you. With this option, you get some softness, but also the springy support of the inner core.
- You want to comfort of being slightly cuddled by your pillow at night, but not being smothered by it.
- You are not fond of the deadness and lack of responsiveness of memory foam.
- Medium support is more your cup of tea.
- You want to find something that is a little more substantial, and that will not fall apart at the first sign of being washed.
- Your budget is not too restricted. The price you pay is not extremely high, but it is more than you would pay for most other options.
- You want a trial period before committing. If you are in the States, you can keep it for up to 100 nights to try it out. If you decide, within that period, it is not for you, you can return it, no questions asked.
- You’d like to save on shipping and returns.
- You want a warranty. Again, if you are in the States, you get a three-year limited warranty on workmanship.
Our Final Thoughts
Overall, you will struggle to find a great quality option like this Casper pillow at a better price, even in our my pillow review, we indicated that our testing team was impressed by the quality and comfort attached to this pillow. This is a one of a kind pillow and will stand you in good stead for the next few years. It is easy to keep it clean at home, without the need for expensive dry-cleaning bills.
It will last for a good long while, and the design makes it easy to get the exact feel that you want. All in all, this is a winner all around.